!-Piilotetaan muitakin laatikoita-->Skip to Main Content
E-books and audio books from several subject areas and publishers. Mainly in Finnish, a few in English. The collection includes also Jamk course books, and is updated continuously.
How to find the e-books?
You can browse and access all electronic collections via A-Z Database List. Search and access of individual e-books via Janet Finna.
Available on Jamk network by the students, teachers and other staff of Jamk University of Applied Sciences. Log in with Jamk username and password (HAKA login).
The e-books have a limited number of concurrent user licences. That is, for each e-book, there are a number of “copies” available for loan, just like with printed books.
Requesting a book
If all e-book copies are on loan, you can reserve the book by tapping the 'Make a Reservation' button under 'Availability'. You will be notified by e-mail when the book is available. The loan period starts when the book is updated to your Ellibs Bookshelf.
The loan period is either 4 h or 7 days, or 10 min or 7 days, depending on the licence of the book. When the loan period ends, the book is automatically returned to be loaned again.
Limited. Printing is possible, if the e-book has been downloaded to a reader software or an app. The printing limits vary from book to book.
When you choose to read online, the e-book will open directly to the browser for reading. If you choose to download an e-book to your computer, you must install the reader software and create an Adobe account.
1. Log in to the Ellibs collection with your Jamk account (HAKA Login).
2. Choose a loan time.
3. Tap the "Read online" button, and begin reading.
Check the Downloads folder. Downloaded files are saved to disk.
1. Get an Adobe account (Adobe ID).
2. Install the Adobe Digital Editions reader software and authorize it with your Adobe ID.
4. Log in to the Ellibs collection with your Jamk account (HAKA Login).
5. Choose a loan time.
6. Tap the "Download" button and open the file in the Adobe Digital Editions reader program.
1. Download the Ellibs app to your device.
2. Log in to the collection of your own library with your Jamk account (HAKA Login).
3. Borrow e-book by tapping on the 'Borrow' button.
4. Choose a loan time.
The e-book will automatically appear in the reader screen when it is borrowed. The e-book can be accessed later on the 'My Bookshelf' screen. When using the app no other reader software is required.
You can read online, or download e-books to your computer and read them offline.
Recommended for course book use.